Varenna is a charming village that lies on Como Lake, northern Italy. It received the status of “fishing village” in 769 and nowadays its picturesque lanes with fishermen’s old houses receive thousands of tourists every year, seeking some relax.
- take the ferry to visit Bellagio
- eat in one of the restaurants that offer a splendid view over the lake
- eat a gelato (Italian ice cream) while you walk about
- visit Villa Monastero and its gardens
- if you like to walk, you should visit also the Castle of Vezio. The path to the castle crosses olive tree plantings and offers panoramic views of Varenna and the lake.